Jennifer A. Doughty is an associate attorney with Van Dermyden Maddux Law Corporation. Her practice focuses on resolving issues, including workplace investigations, advice and counsel, and coaching and training. She has experience in employment litigation and client counseling in areas including wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, labor relations, union elections, wrongful termination, OSHA, workers’ compensation, and federal agency investigations and audits. Ms. Doughty is admitted to practice before the courts of the State of California and the Federal District Courts of the Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of California. In 2012, she received a Certificate of Completion from the Association of Workplace Investigators Institute.
Ms. Doughty began her legal career as a litigator in Mobile, Alabama, where she defended premises liability actions for international retail companies. She has also been admitted to practice before the 11th Circuit Court of Appeal, the 5th Circuit Court of Appeal, and all state and federal courts of Alabama and Mississippi.
Professional Degrees, Certifications, Awards and Organizations
- Juris Doctor, Santa Clara University School of Law, 2002
- Member, Honors Moot Court 2001, Semi-Finalist
- Member, Honors Moot Court Board, 2001-2002
- Recipient, Public Interest and Social Justice Endowment Summer Grant (2000, 2001)
- Bachelor of Arts, Public Policy Studies, Duke University, 1997
- Duke Varsity Swimming, 1993-1997
- University of Glasgow Scotland, Duke Public Policy Study Abroad Program (1995)
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Women Lawyers of Sacramento
- Member, State Bar of Alabama
- Member, State Bar of Mississippi