Education for managers, supervisors and employees is vital for a healthy workplace. It helps prevent litigation. It promotes respect for and between employees. Van Dermyden Maddux regularly provides training seminars in all areas of employment law. This includes providing interactive AB 1825 compliant sexual harassment prevention training.
Employment law training options:
- Sexual harassment (AB 1825 compliant)
- Leaves of absence
- Wage and hour issues, and
- other areas of workplace management.
Kudos from attendees
- The powerful dynamic of two best-friend lawyer business partners who both presented with such a great balance of wit and sobriety provided for consistently engaging sessions. They were really able to put the participants at ease, even in their presentation of a lot of sometimes-dense content.
- It reinforced what I already knew, expanded into new territory, and helped me see the connections.
- The instructors were very engaging and did an excellent job capturing everyone’s attention. They were also very well organized. Some of the best presenters I have seen.
- The attorneys at VM were engaging, related, humorous, and had expert knowledge of investigations.
Excellent teachers. Both instructors are fantastic and lived up to all the hype, which is even a harder task.
- There was never a dull moment. I loved the variety (role playing, exercises, lecture, etc.) that the instructors provided.
- The presenters worked seamlessly in covering all of the topics on the agenda at a comfortable pace. Their instruction was clear and succinct.
- Great program…one that should be a requirement for anyone who will conduct investigations as part of their job.
- This is the best training I have ever attended. Sue Ann and Deborah are brilliant, funny, and excellent instructors.
- Not only was it clear that the presenters were both extremely knowledgeable in the field (including the president of AWI, for goodness sake) — they also presented the material in an engaging way. They held my sincere interest through all 3 days, which I feel is an incredible achievement.
- This is the best and most helpful training I have received. Very professional and thorough. I would definitely attend their training again.
- I think the presenters’ presentation skills were excellent and they did a good job of varying the types of activity. Overall, I can’t stress enough how excellent this training was.
- I learned helpful substantive information as well as soft skills that will assist me in performing all areas of my job responsibilities — everything from the legal requirements for an adequate investigation, to how to handle a deposition.
- The best parts of the training were the very engaging instructors (used different methods to deliver course content), the expert knowledge of the instructors, the opportunity to work in peer-group sessions, having a wonderful guidebook and templates, and the meeting accommodations.
- Thank you for your training. Your sessions were organized and well-presented, and provided a better understanding of the law for our managers and supervisors.
- The presentation by Ms. Maddux was informative and generated excellent discussion between all the attendees. I have only one suggestion. Although I am not a fan of trainings in general (especially 3 hours worth) I believe that this particular session could have even been longer.
- The smaller group size actually produced some great discussion… one of [our supervisors] told us this morning that employees are much more aware of what they’re saying and doing and that it’s all good!
- Several people took the time to call and tell me and many others spoke in the halls. Everyone agreed that you are the best presenter yet.
- I would like to thank you again for a job well done. We all had a good time and learned, which was the point all along. Talking about it with the staff has actually created a buzz with them, as well.
- Sue Ann, my colleagues and I raved about your training to our supervisor! It was, by far, one of the best trainings I have ever attended, and I am critical of training in general. My colleagues and I told our supervisor that we hope you will come back and offer your one day training on disability investigations. If you do, we will be there!